Sunday, June 15, 2014

Turn A Man's Shirt Into A Skirt

I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was just brilliant so the last time my husband was cleaning out his closet, I grabbed one of his old shirts. This skirt is so easy, all you have to do is sew straight lines!


Turn a man's dress shirt into a little girl's skirt {Over The Apple Tree}

Turn a man's dress shirt into a little girl's skirt {Over The Apple Tree}

Turn a man's dress shirt into a little girl's skirt {Over The Apple Tree}

Turn a man's dress shirt into a little girl's skirt {Over The Apple Tree}

Turn a man's dress shirt into a little girl's skirt {Over The Apple Tree}

My daughter loves her new long skirt because it makes her feel like a princess!

Follow Over The Apple Tree's board Sewing Projects on Pinterest.

Want to see more sewing projects? Visit my project gallery
I will be sharing with these great blogs!

Follow me here:

13 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, wow what a great idea for using one of your husbands old shirts and turning it into a skirt. Your daughter looks so cute in it. You did a great job! Have a nice week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I had this shirt hanging around here forever and I finally got motivated to do it. I have more refashions coming soon!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a vintage collectible Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That loos precious, and we love upcycle! What a great project. Thanks for linking it up to Snickerdoodle Sunday! - Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea. My hubby is big and tall, so I wonder if we could use one of his shirts for a skirt for my adult daughter. Will measure and let you know. It's always the sleeves and collars that get messed up on his shirts. Thank you for sharing this great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To make a fuller skirt, you could try to use two similarly colored shirts. Thanks for stopping by Patti!

      Delete
  6. I had recently picked up a men's dress shirt at a yard sale to make into an infant dress. I like the look of this one even better. My oldest LOVES dresses and at $0.50 and a bit of time I think this will be a hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to try a full dress from a shirt but I"m not sure if I could pull it off!

      Delete
  7. Now this is genious and a terrific way to up-cycle and save money. Thank you so much for linking up to Wonderful Wed Blog Hop. Carrie, A Mother's Shadow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super great idea and so simple. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever. Thanks so much for linking up last week at Creative Spark Link Party! Hope you stop by again today! http://bit.ly/1vvIGjo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great idea! Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream's City of Links on Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...