Saturday, July 11, 2015

Custom Built Wood Desk

Why buy when you can make it! I've had the same cheap computer desk forever. After my husband built his flag end table, we figured why stop now? Lots of browsing through Pinterest gave us some great ideas, and we finally landed on this desk from Centsational Girl. I love the look and it's a pretty simple design. An added bonus is that we were able to use some leftover lumber and didn't have to spend much on addition pieces we needed. Now I have a custom, solid wood desk that I'll be able to enjoy for many years and my husband will enjoy bragging about his mad woodworking skillz!

DIY Wood Desk, Over The Apple Tree

DIY Wood Desk, Over The Apple Tree

DIY Wood Desk, Over The Apple Tree

DIY Wood Desk, Over The Apple Tree

Take a closer look at my crochet jar pencil holder and my fabric covered mouse pad!


Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Project Gallery

I will be sharing with these great blogs!

Follow me here:

14 comments:

  1. Very well done and looks super sturdy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Laura, I love this desk you husband made and the color paint is pretty too! Thanks for sharing this at our Cooking and Crafting with J & J! We also featured you this week for your lovely mouse pad cover you created and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! Yes, I did see I was featured this week. Thank you so much! I'm gonna give your party a shout out as soon as I can sit down at my computer...busy morning here.

      Delete
  3. What a stunning piece! Every single time I see amazing DIYs like this I get a little sad that I am not more handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey never know till you try! Thanks Steph!

      Delete
  4. This looks great. It looks very sturdy. I totally agree why buy it when you can make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love this! It's so cute!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys did a great job! Love the color too!
    Thank you for sharing your project with us at Brag About It!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table turned out fantastic! I love the paint color too. Mad props to your husband and his woodworking skillz....I wish my husband had some of those! ;) Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Merry Monday! We hope you'll join us again next week to share your latest creations with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, wow! you keep on making beautiful things. LOVE this table. Yes, the paint color is very nice, but I love the style most. So well done. Hat off. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I just love all your contributions to my SHARE IT linky party. Thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for leaving such a nice comment, made my day!

      Delete
  9. Great looking desk - love how sturdy it looks - Thanks for linking up to Pin Worthy Wednesday, I have pinned your post to the Pin Worthy Wednesday Pinterest Board.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m loving this! Pinned and tweeted! I always love your creations, thanks for sharing this with us at our party! I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm, we love seeing what you have been working on! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...