Save your seeds next time you eat an apple to grow your own apple tree!
My kids want to plant every seed they find, so when my daughter dug the seeds out of her apple, I figured we could give it a try.
Steps for success:
- Allow your seeds to dry out for a few days
- Place seeds in a Ziploc baggie with a wet paper towel. Place in refrigerator for about a month or until they start to sprout.
- Plant seeds in small cup with soil and wait for some growth. Make sure soil stays moist.
- Replant seedling into larger pot, one seed per pot recommended so they don't have to compete for nutrients.
- When plant reaches 1.5-2 ft tall, carefully transplant outdoors in full sunlight, making sure there is enough room around for growth.