Friday, January 13, 2017

Crochet In The New Year!

I might not post it online right away, but believe me, I always have something on my hook! Here are a few things that I've been working on. They will be posted in my Etsy shop. If you don't find them, sorry, you're too slow! Better luck next time. I like to try new things and I rarely do the same crochet project more than once.

I have so many patterns saved that I want to get to this year. Check out my free crochet patterns board on Pinterest. Another goal is to make as many projects as I can without buying more yarn. I'm running out of storage! Do you have any crafting goals this year?

1. Autumn Chill Mod Scarf, Pattern by Left In Knots
I finally broke down a couple months ago and tried the Caron Cakes. While I love the feel of this yarn, I think the abrupt color change makes finding a pattern to work with a challenge. Patterns with lots of texture are the key!

Crochet projects in the new year by Over The Apple Tree

Crochet projects in the new year by Over The Apple Tree

2. Neutral Granny Square Scarf, Square Pattern by Penny Davidson
You may have trouble duplicating this square. I edited the original quite a bit to make it smaller. I did join as you go to attach them together. See more about my neutral granny square scarf here.

Crochet projects in the new year by Over The Apple Tree

Crochet projects in the new year by Over The Apple Tree

3. Houndstooth Hat, Pattern at Yarnspirations
I've been searching for a houndstooth hat that I liked and decided to give this one a try. This is actually my second one! 

Crochet projects in the new year by Over The Apple Tree


4. Starlet Yoga Socks, Pattern by Lisa Soutendijk
There's a picture of toeless socks floating around Facebook that everyone is loving. Since I've never done anything like this before, I wanted to give them a try. I think I lost little of my vision working on these, this yarn is so thin! I've done doilies before so I don't know why it bothered me so much. Maybe because it was late and I didn't have great lighting? I plan to try some different styles of socks soon!

Crochet projects in the new year by Over The Apple Tree

Crochet projects in the new year by Over The Apple Tree


I will be sharing with these great blogs!





Follow me here:

10 comments:

  1. Super cute! I LOVE the houndstooth hat. Hope to try it soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy busy! I've made one hat so far this year and I was congratulating myself! I was interested to hear what you said about Caron Cakes, they look so pretty I am tempted. Thanks for sharing at #HandmadeMonday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely ideas, the first scarf is fun with the pom poms

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite is the first scarf - I agree the texture distracts form the change in colour. #handmademonday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cap and the square patch scarf. I am a leftie, so I never go the hang of knitting. I wish I did though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really great scarf. I love how its ombre. I bet my grand daughters would really love these. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no I feel another WIP coming on - that scarf is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the projects you shared. Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Spotlight party. Shared

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the granny square scarf. Wishing you the best on your Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As much as I love the scarves that you made, it was those heelless booties that really caught my eye. Those would be the perfect gift idea for a dancer, no matter what age. We just bought little toe footies to wear at practice, but these would be great for those cold days at the dance studio on hardwood flooring.

    Lindsey @ Nosto

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...