Friday, December 30, 2016

Re-purpose Holiday Decorations: Deer Head

Get a can of spray paint and re-purpose holiday decorations in to everyday home decor.

Re-purpose holiday decorations in to everyday home decor by Over The Apple Tree

You've seen them everywhere, faux taxidermy heads are hot home decor right now! Unfortunately, they can also be pricey. Now is your chance! Go immediately and get a holiday deer head on clearance! Doesn't matter what it looks like because as long as it can be spray painted, it's all good. I found mine at Walmart on clearance for the bargain price of(drum roll) $3.49!! Can't find a deer head? Check the craft store for a paper mache head.

So I've noticed white is the common color for these heads, but I like to be different and also my home accents are mostly dark colors. I also think it would be cool to do the antlers a different color than the head. Maybe a white head with teal antlers or even a metallic color. Whatever your color pallet, you can find spray paint to match.

So my head is glitter. It took MANY coats of spray paint to get all this glitter covered. This is an exercise in patience for me because I HATE to wait for paint to dry! So that's it! Covering something in spray paint couldn't be easier right?

Re-purpose holiday decorations in to everyday home decor by Over The Apple Tree

Re-purpose holiday decorations in to everyday home decor by Over The Apple Tree

Re-purpose holiday decorations in to everyday home decor by Over The Apple Tree

Re-purpose holiday decorations in to everyday home decor by Over The Apple Tree


Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Want to see more home DIY's?
Project Gallery

I will be sharing with these great blogs!





Follow me here:



12 comments:

  1. I would never thought of this! This looks great :D hope you had a lovely Christmas and happy new year!

    Foirell x | http://www.citygirlrell.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the price tag for most deer heads are too much. Love your update

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea and that price, what a bargain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! You got that deer head for a steal, too!
    I'd love for you to drop by and share your project at our Merry Monday link party!

    Kate | TheOrganizedDream.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I almost snatched one up at Kohl's of all places, but it was a weird material that I don't think would have taken spray paint well. I agree that using a different color on the antlers would be fun, or maybe doing just the tips in gold. Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love spray paint - fabulous for transforming all sorts of items:) #Handmademonday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea! I love doing these kind of projects too! Spray paint is an amazing thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really clever, I love glitter so wouldn't automatically think to cover it up but this worked really well.Thanks for sharing at #HandmadeMonday

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I love how he turned out, Laura.
    Thank you for sharing this week at Brag About It link party on VMG206 (Mondays at Midnight). I plan to feature you next week!

    ~ Megin of VMG206

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually brought one in Black and painted it cream lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...