Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Corn Chowder

Corn Chowder

I love soup, especially on a cold day. Living in Colorado, those aren't hard to come by! This recipe is a childhood favorite of mine. Here's how I make it...

Corn Chowder Recipe from Over The Apple Tree

12 oz. bacon
1 c. chopped onion
4 c. peeled and diced potatoes
2-14 oz. cans cream style corn
1 c. frozen corn
2 1/2 c. milk
salt
pepper

  1. Cook bacon. The easiest way to do this is in the oven. Lay out bacon on a large cookie sheet and bake at 350° till brown. Place on paper towels to absorb grease.
  2. In large pot, using a little of the bacon grease, cook onions till translucent.
  3. Add potatoes, corn and milk. Simmer on med-low till potatoes are tender, stirring often.
  4. Chop bacon and add towards end of simmer
  5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.



I will be sharing with these great blogs!


Follow me here:

3 comments:

  1. Love corn chowder! Thanks for the recipe. Have a great weekend.
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious and simple, I will definitely be trying it! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must agree with NewMrsAdventures! :-) It's really simple to cook and looks yummy. I also love to try this for my family, I'm sure they will love it, too.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...