Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Seat Belt Pillow

Traveling long distances in the car can be fun but also uncomfortable! Get ready for your next road trip by making a comfy seat belt pillow.

Seat Belt Travel Pillow, Over The Apple Tree

A few days before we took off for our family camping adventure, my daughter was complaining about her booster seat and how there was no way she could relax her head against anything in the center seat. I remembered these pillows I saw on Pinterest(visit Pin for more detailed instructions). Perfect and easy enough to whip up before we go.

Seat Belt Travel Pillow, Over The Apple Tree
I purchased a very cheap pillow and used the stuffing for my pillow
Seat Belt Travel Pillow, Over The Apple Tree
Use an iron to mark center sew lines
Seat Belt Travel Pillow, Over The Apple Tree

Seat Belt Travel Pillow, Over The Apple Tree

Seat Belt Travel Pillow, Over The Apple Tree

I hear all the time from people I know or comments here on the blog... "I could never do that", "I'm a bad seamstress", "I'm not crafty". This is two squares of fabric, some stuffing and sewing straight lines, you can do it. I'll tell you what, I had about 10 brain farts while I was sewing this and I still managed to make it work!

For size reference, my daughter is 7 and I went with the 17x17 measurement for the fabric.



Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Project Gallery

I will be sharing with these great blogs!





Follow me here:



11 comments:

  1. This is marvelous! I like how it's set up to take advantage of the seat belt. Pinned!
    Blessings, Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple! I'm sharing this with my daughter for her son! Would love it if you shared on the Pleasures of the NW's DIY party!
    http://www.pleasuresofthenw.com/do-it-yourself-party-15/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so simple Love it I want one!!Thanks for linking up to Merry Monday! Pinned! Have a great week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love this cute pillow and your tutorial.
    Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an easy solution to a very common problem. And y ou are right it is such an easy DIY. Thanks for sharing and providing us with Sweet Inspiration. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I need this for myself! LOL Love this!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for crafts, recipes, and tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea! So simple and SO useful! Thanks for a great pattern

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup booster seats aren't comfortable for sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wouldn't mind one of those pillows for traveling. Thanks for sharing on Your Inspired Design Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, it is cool and easy to made. Thanks for sharing it with us, will be making few for ourselves as it looks perfect if you are traveling long

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea!! I made 2 & cut 2 more out & my 10 yr old granddaughter sewed & stuffed them. She was very proud of herself. They all just used them for their long vacation car ride

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...