I was inspired by the Outlander TV series to create some more textured crochet items for my store. After making a few fingerless gloves, I took a stab at creating my own design. I came up with this pattern almost a year ago and finally decided to type it up and offer it for free. Happy Holidays!
I tried to make this pattern as easy to follow as possible with the color coded sections, but I would not recommend this project for beginners.
Here is a helpful Celtic weave video tutorial from Pattern Paradise.
US crochet terms
Worsted weight yarn
Hook size G(4.25)
BPTC= Back Post Treble Crochet
FPTC= Front Post Treble Crochet
Ch 16 (Feel free to adjust length to make longer or shorter cuffs)
1. Sc in second from hook and in each chain to the end. Ch 1, turn(15)
2.-28. 15 sc in BLO. ch 1, turn (15)
Join last row to beginning chain with sl st to form the cuff. Turn inside out so that the sl st seam is on the inside. Rotate to work top of glove along the sides of the rows.
*Note: I have 28 rows for the cuff and then I say to work 30 hdc in row 1 top of glove. I did this because I have skinny wrists and preferred my cuff to be tighter. It means you will have to work 2 hdc in a couple of the stitches for row 1 top of glove. If it makes you more comfortable, you can increase the cuff to 30 rows for it to come out even.
Top of glove
1. Ch 2, work 30 hdc into ends of sc rows on cuff. Join with sl st to first hdc. Do not turn yet.
2. Ch2, 1 hdc in same as join, 8 hdc *(sk 2, FPTC around next 2, FPTC around 2 skipped) Repeat from* 2 more times. 9 hdc. Ch 2, turn
3. 9 hdc, BPTC around first 2, *(sk 2, BPTC around next 2, BPTC around 2 skipped posts). Repeat from*, BPTC around last two, 3hdc, 2 hdc in each of the next two stitches, 4 hdc. Ch 2, turn
4. 4 hdc, 2 hdc in same, 2 hdc, 2 hdc in same, 3 hdc, (repeat cables row 2), 9 hdc, ch 2, turn
5. 9 hdc, (repeat cables row 3), 3 hdc, 2hdc in same, 4hdc, 2 hdc in same, 4 hdc. Ch 2, turn
6. 4 hdc, 2 hdc in same, 6 hdc, 2 hdc in same, 3 hdc, (repeat cables row 2), 9hdc. Ch 2, turn
7. 9 hdc (repeat cables row 3), 3 hdc, 2 hdc in same, 8 hdc, 2 hdc in same, 4 hdc. Ch 2, turn
8. 5 hdc, skip 10, 4hdc, (repeat cables row 2), 9 hdc. Ch 2, turn
9. 9 hdc, (repeat cables row 3), 9hdc. Ch2 turn
10. 9 hdc, (repeat cables row 2), 9hdc. Ch2, turn
11. 9 hdc, (repeat cables row 3), 9hdc. Ch 2, turn
12. 9hdc, 12 sc, 9hdc. Ch1, turn
13. sl st across. Leave long tail to sew together
For RIGHT GLOVE start the same as for left glove but for rows 3-8 top of glove, flip the side with the increases for the thumb hole but still work the cables the same. So row three, right hand would be... 4hdc, 2 hdc in each of the next two stitches, 3 hdc, BPTC around first 2, *(sk 2, BPTC around next 2, BPTC around 2 skipped posts). Repeat from*, BPTC around last two, 9hdc. Ch 2, turn
❄If you make these gloves to sell, please be courteous and give credit to me as the designer with a link back to this blog post. Do not copy and post this pattern or claim it as your own. Do not try to sell this pattern. Do not re-publish photos as your own.
Save pattern in Ravelry!
Love crochet? See more of my projects here
I will be sharing with these great blogs!
Follow me here: