Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Decorative Storage Boxes With Contact Paper

I have this book shelf that is a magnet for junk. I needed a way to still be able to store stuff here but not have it look like a mess. My solution...I hid the mess with decorative boxes! 

Decorative storage box with contact paper, Over The Apple Tree

This project couldn't get easier, you just need some contact paper and sturdy boxes. So I found this pretty contact paper at the Dollar Store. I would not advise you to follow my example! This is one of those items you should pass on in the Dollar Store. It was not very sticky and I ended up having to reinforce it with tape. I have a feeling I'll end up recovering these sometime in the future with better quality paper. We'll see, but for now it's ok. I love how the boxes turned out and my clutter problem has been solved!

Decorative storage box with contact paper, Over The Apple Tree

Decorative storage box with contact paper, Over The Apple Tree

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Project Gallery

I will be sharing with these great blogs!

Follow me here:



18 comments:

  1. That is pretty contact paper. What a great way to hide clutter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how these turned, perfect way to hid clutter. I had the same experience as you, the contact paper I got at the Dollar Tree would not stick to anything! We would love for you to come share with us at Party in Your PJs, our weekly link party.
    http://www.thecookiepuzzle.com/2015/04/party-in-your-pjs-53.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kim! I'll add you to my link party list.

      Delete
  3. Oh, once again: beautiful! They look so much like my store-bought variety. You are putting me to shame for not making it myself. Thank you so much for linking it up at SHARE IT sunday linky party. It's great that you are partying with us now! I hope to see more and more of your work!! Have a good week! ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of using contact paper. Will definitely use your advice on getting good quality. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome idea. I actually thought about this. Could have save some money. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great. No one would know they were boxes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure about the quality of the paper but they look gorgeous. Brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These turned out so great!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - those are amazing boxes - they look store bought! I'm visiting from Two Uses Tuesday.
    Thanks
    Angie
    PS - I also wanted to invite you to link up to the CLIMB - it's a month long networking blog hop: http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/2015/05/may-2015-chain-linky-climb-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Decorative boxes and baskets solve so many clutter issues! Thanks for sharing with us at Pin-Worthy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This would be perfect to declutter our apartment. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty! thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the heads-up on the dollar store contact papers. I like how the boxes turned out...great way to hide clutter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband would love it if I tried to do this. I'm kind of a clutter-bug. I shove things places so I won't forget about them.....and they just stay there. This way it would be put away and out of sight in a nicely decorative way. I'll take your advice to get my contact paper somewhere else. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’m loving this! Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you taking the time to party with us. I hope to see you on tonight at 7. Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do the same thing. Love it! Found you at craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, I have a book shelf, a tv console and a dresser that need these storage boxes! But l hear ya, I won't go to the dollar store for my contact paper! lovely upcycle! Thanks for sharing with us at the creative challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...